pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Is Pan still actively being developed?

From: Jack
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Is Pan still actively being developed?
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 15:34:02 -0400

On 4/30/21 3:28 PM, Zan Lynx wrote:
On 4/30/21 9:04 AM, Jack via Discussions of Pan source code hacking. wrote:

Pan already works with GTK3.   It just requires a change to the configure options, but the default needs to be changed from gtk2 to gtk3.

I don't know if you've tried it lately?

But no. Pan does not work with GTK3. It compiles. It runs. But the behavior is so bad it cannot be used. It needs a ton of work.

Then I think you have some additional problem.  I have been using Pan with no problems with gtk3 for several weeks.  I admit I don't use it very heavily, but reading is fine, and the one reply I made got posted fine (it was rejected because that list only accepts posts by email, the through the gated nntp feed.)

However, if you do have problems with it, please consider filing an issue so someone has a chance of diagnosing and fixing it.