pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Is Pan still actively being developed?

From: Jack Ostroff
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Is Pan still actively being developed?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 16:05:14 -0400

On 2021.04.20 13:52, Jack via Discussions of Pan source code hacking. wrote:
Good afternoon,

Gentoo Linux has declared last-rites for Pan. There have been no commits other than translations in about a year. I see some activity with Issues and MRs, but I can't really tell if there is any movement towards any of them turning into commits and a new release. I've been using Pan for years, and really like it, and would hate to need to move on, or even to have to apply patches from Issues and MRs myself. Sorry if I've missed any messages or posts about this. I'd really love to hear that things will pick up again.

Jack
I tried on IRC, and was told this email list was more appropriate. Is there anybody in charge? In particular, is there anybody who can (and will) approve MRs? I'm not looking for major changes or new features. I'm looking for some basic maintenance so Pan will continue to work as some of the underlying libraries are upgraded. As far as I can tell, the two major current issues (gtk3 and the new glib) are already addressed in MRs. Is there anyone who can review, accept, and commit them, and possibly then consider a new release?

Thanks for any assistance here.

Jack