Re: [Openvortex-dev] driving me nuts!

From: Callum Lerwick
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] driving me nuts!
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:38:22 -0600

> functionality?  Do all 8830's need a duaghter board for SPDIF out?  On
> this particular card the picture shows four jacks which would be front,
> rear, mic and line, right?  Are one of these similar to the coaxial
> spdif out jacks on sb lives that serve a dual purpose?
>
> Is the ac3-passthrough working correctly on the cards with spdif?
> Thanks in advance to anyone who can enlighten me on this subject.

I have an "Aureal SuperQuad Digital", these were being quietly sold in
whitebox OEM channels at half the price of any other card. ($50!) From
what I can tell from grainy jpegs its probably the exact same design as
the later retail SQxx00 series. (that sold for the going ~$100 price at
the time...) Anyway, it has an optical S/PDIF output built right in to
the card. If there's some way to add on an S/PDIF input, that'd be
handy. I have nothing that takes optical input so I can't test the
driver.