Re: [Openvortex-dev] driving me nuts!

From: J. Gordon Wolfe
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] driving me nuts!
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:58:20 -0500

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 07:00, Callum Lerwick wrote:
> > I thought it was gone too.  However, the other night, it happened a few
> > times.  I was _extremely_ surprised.  It seems to coincide with the
> > "unexpected hw_pointer value" spam in the syslog, though a stereo swap
> > does not happen upon each of those spams.
>
> I can't find that message, nor anything else odd in my syslog, though I
> dunno what my debug settings are at. I'm using this patch:
>
> http://imptech.dhs.org/~imptech/au88x0-2.6.0-test5-spdif.diff.gz

Hmm... that patch is a bit dated, meaning I think there have been
significant stability fixes since then (and the newer spdif support is a
lot better).  One of these days I've got to make a new one with the via
fix and all that in it, but I'd at least go to the test6 patch I've got
posted.  If your kernel is test5 I think it will still apply, as I don't
think there have been substantial ALSA changes in quite a while.

--
J. Gordon Wolfe <address@hidden>