om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] save/lash issue

From: Dave Robillard
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] save/lash issue
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 19:48:14 -0500

On Fri, 2005-02-12 at 21:04 +0100, Lars Luthman wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 19:22 +0100, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> > It would be more convinient if lash would restore from the location the
> > patch was saved to so I can skip the destroy, reload and reconnect steps.
>
> I would prefer if all patches and subpatches in a session were saved and
> loaded to the session directory, so any changes in the patch files
> outside the session directory would not affect the saved session in any
> way. Didn't Om use to do that?

This is what all LASH apps should do, short of more clever external
resource management built in to LASH itself.

The purpose of a LASH session (ideally) is to restore.  Always.  No
matter what.  Pointing to a bunch of random other crap around your hard
drive is not the way to accomplish this.

Maybe LASH needs more clever management of external links with some kind
of "flattening" script for archival/distribution, but until that time it
all stays in the session dir.

-DR-