Re: Unsupported nroff macros on MacOS X

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: Unsupported nroff macros on MacOS X
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2023 19:26:56 +0100

Hi Anthony,

> > And if not now, then it may do in the future,
>
> Pure FUD.

In your anger, you cut too much.

> > It may be formatting other things wrongly.
> > And if not now, then it may do in the future,
> > especially if knowedgable man-page authors continue to write nmh's
> > *man pages*, not mandoc-input.

I was not referring to mandoc having a regression, as I think I make
clear.

A future change to nmh's man pages might use something unsupported by
mandoc.  Just as .fc has been unsupported all this time.

Unless, that is, the edict is past that nmh's man pages are now mandoc
pages, or even mdoc pages.