Re: mhfixmsg character set conversion

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: mhfixmsg character set conversion
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 13:11:53 +0000

Ralph wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I think Steven says he's running Manjaro which is an Arch Linux spin off, and
> Archers prefer to pass on upstream code unaltered where possible.

Except that par has been altered?  I use this version, unaltered:
$ par version
par 1.53.0

> > Do you have any idea where the following warning comes from?
>
> My money's on par(1) given
>

> https://inbox.vuxu.org/voidlinux-github/20191027084150.NZqC6wHlZkyQJ7AkACI7juvuCp0AD_u_IIwftMlDmKs@z/T/

That sure looks like it.  Unfortunate that the printout in the patch
doesn't start with the program name.

> Steven, to confirm, try
>
>     egrep -l 'seems not configured' /usr/bin/par

Steven, I would try removing par from the end of your mhbuild-convert-text/html
entry.  In the past, I've run into trouble with patches.