Re: mhfixmsg character set conversion

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: mhfixmsg character set conversion
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2022 12:34:06 +0000

Hi David,

I think Steven says he's running Manjaro which is an Arch Linux spin off, and
Archers prefer to pass on upstream code unaltered where possible.

> Do you have any idea where the following warning comes from?

My money's on par(1) given

https://inbox.vuxu.org/voidlinux-github/20191027084150.NZqC6wHlZkyQJ7AkACI7juvuCp0AD_u_IIwftMlDmKs@z/T/

    +  /* Set the current locale from the environment: */
    +
    +    setlocale(LC_ALL,"");
    ++   langinfo = nl_langinfo(CODESET);
    ++   if (!strcmp(langinfo, "ANSI_X3.4-1968")) {
    ++     // We would like to fallback in an 8 bits encoding, but it is not
easily possible.
    ++     //setlocale(LC_CTYPE, "C");
    ++     //langinfo = nl_langinfo(CODESET);
    ++     fwprintf( Err ? stderr : stdout,
    ++         L"Warning: Locale seems not configured\n");
    ++   }

Steven, to confirm, try

    egrep -l 'seems not configured' /usr/bin/par