Re: mhfixmsg character set conversion

From: Steven Winikoff
Subject: Re: mhfixmsg character set conversion
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 00:33:11 -0500

>Ah, OK, maybe it wasn't lynx.  I don't know enough about your
>environment to say exactly what heppened.

Quick question:  would it help if I were to run mhfixmsg under control of
strace and send you the output?  That's the most definitive way I can think
of to show you exactly what happens in my environment.

(Yes, the problem occurred when procmail invoked my shell script which
then invoked mhfixmsg, but I see the same behaviour when I run mhfixmsg
directly on the command line with the same input file, so I believe that
strace under those circumstances should capture everything relevant.)

     - Steven
Steven Winikoff      | "The man who has ceased to learn ought
Montreal, QC, Canada |  not to be allowed to wander around
smw@smwonline.ca     |  loose in these dangerous days."
http://smwonline.ca  |