Re: make check failure

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: make check failure
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 04:56:20 -0800

Valdis Kl=?utf-8?Q?=c4=93?=tnieks wrote:

> And I'm seeing 2 failures in 'make check',  am attaching the output from 'make
> check |& tee check.output' as a gzip to avoid any possible charset
> wonkiness...

Thanks.  I can't explain why a .jpg file would be identified as text/plain:

What output do you see from these two mhparam commands?

    $ mhparam mimetypeproc
    file --brief --dereference --mime-type
    $ mhparam mimeencodingproc
    file --brief --dereference --mime-encoding

> I also hit a third error, but I *think* it's just 'par' not being installed.
> I wonder
> where it went, I'm pretty sure I installed it somewhere along the line.
Yes, it must have been available when you installed nmh because
mhn.defaults.sh (assuming that was run) found it.  It does look like par
was deleted or fell off your PATH at some point.

> In any
> case, test-convert's message isn't correct, as the directory
> /home/valdis/src/nmh/test/testdir/Mail/
> doesn't exist, and the file 'draft' is obviously not in the non-existent
> directory.

That's an ephemeral directory that's created by most of the nmh tests so
they have an nmh environment to work with.