Re: [Nel] Congratulations + concerns

From: x5101920
Subject: Re: [Nel] Congratulations + concerns
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 00:51:13 +0200 (MET DST)

Mensaje citado por: Michael Warnock <address@hidden>:

> By way of introduction, I am working on a couple of games making use of
> nel- commercial games.  In addition to selling our content and service,
> we consider our game rules our ip and there are a couple reasons why
> they can be implemented without violating the gpl (which i consider
> scripture).  First of all our rules will be in a brand new specification
> language in
> their own files or database tables and wont be compiled or linked at
> all.  But should we run into speed problems for not hardcoding
> everything, we're still not required to release anything- you can quite
> legally use gpl'ed code in your own, unreleased programs- and why should
> we release the server side code?

I would love that you reply to this answer to me and to Nel guys that are so
hard working on such a good project.

IMO In the same moment that you make public your server you are making it
public
and you should release it. But I am not a lawyer.

Regards,
                  Miguel Angel Blanch Lardin

nuclear cia fbi spy password code encrypt president bomb iran irak korea cuba
Ala yihad mosad kgb free freedom human rights yugoslavia kosovo ebola dna

                    -- Echelon must die --