nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] wishlist

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] wishlist
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 20:09:05 +0200

David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
> Thank you.  Done in CVS,

Cool.  Thanks.

> except for the double blank line, which is still a single.

No problem, pure a matter of taste.  Let's see what the other users
say when this version gets released.

> [...]  Besides, if I have to display F16, I have to display
> F13-F15 for consistency's sake.

Okay.  But then the order of the Fn keys is a tiny bit more
compelling than what to me seems the most logical order.  And on
second thought, the Alt+T key makes a little more sense together
with the other deletion keys, also because it is not affected by
text selection.  So I'd like to propose moving two or three keys
around as the attached patch does.  The second patch proposes a few
changes to the descriptions of the keys, to make them more uniform.

In the process I ran into a little bug, it seems: when nano is
configured with --enable-tiny, hitting ^G after a ^O surprisingly
writes out the file, while hitting ^G after ^R as expected does
nothing.

>  > * Consider not truncating the first column, but instead
>  > overlapping the second over the first
>
> Done in CVS.

Thanks.  Things are shaping up nicely.  :)

Benno