Re: [Monotone-devel] newbie question - SHA1 vs serials

From: Jon Bright
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] newbie question - SHA1 vs serials
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:07:53 +0200

K. Richard Pixley wrote:

I think this is a weakness. In the same way that I want to be able to authorize changes using a more common authentication mechanism, I also want to be able to state and apply authorization mechanisms on a per-branch basis.

Actually, it should really be possible to do this with certs. You can add certs with any name you like. So if your installation were to define the meaning of a "maintainer" cert, monotone would happily let you add it and would be happy to list it later.

--
Jon Bright
Silicon Circus Ltd.