Re: [Monotone-devel] newbie question - SHA1 vs serials

From: Jon Bright
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] newbie question - SHA1 vs serials
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 21:43:34 +0200

K. Richard Pixley wrote:
Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:

In message <address@hidden> on Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:50:57 -0700, "K. Richard Pixley"
<address@hidden> said:

rich> As I read the manual, (the sum of my monotone experience),
rich> monotone is currently vulnerable to these problems already.  And
rich> finding a means of addressing it would seem to be a welcome
rich> addition in any case.

I'm curious.  Do you mind diving into this part?

Situation A: Intellectual property. My company has a policy wherein all work must be done on company machines on company sites. I want to allow public key access within the company, but none others. Note that company does have remote sites. As sits, I can't use monotone to accept company changes while rejecting changes those same users might attempt to make from home. I can do this with firewalls and such, if I have access to them, but not with monotone.

Out of interest, is there another SCM system which does achieve this, or is this more of a wishlist item? If there is, how do they do that? (I'm presuming they're not just replicating firewall functionality - if they were, there'd seem little point.)

--
Jon Bright
Silicon Circus Ltd.