Re: [Monotone-devel] Removing things from the database

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Removing things from the database
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:18:26 -0800

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 09:16:02AM -0600, Matthew A. Nicholson wrote:
> Currently AFAIK there is no good way to remove information from your
> database. For example say I just did a pull from the monotone repo here,
> but now I don't want that stuff in my local db any more.  I don't know of a
> way to delete that info from the database (not like deleting a branch or
> anything, just making it as it was before I synced up).

Not quite sure I understand.  Is it that you want to "roll back" to
just before your most recent pull?  What are you doing that makes you
want to do that?

> A simular issue I have is pulling a specfic revision rather than the whole
> collection from a db.  I was wondering if this was possible.  (Currently I
> don't know of a way).

Over netsync, no, it's currently not possible.  A "revision" doesn't
make much sense in isolation, you kinda need the history above it too,
if you want to do most things...

It should be possible to come up with a way to "truncate" local
history, so we only pull revisions backwards to some stopping point.
But we haven't gotten around to working out the design for doing that,
or any code.

Sentience can be such a burden.