Re: [Monotone-devel] Building a notifier for use on a server. Feature re

From: Henrik Holmboe
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Building a notifier for use on a server. Feature request.
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 23:48:45 +0100

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <address@hidden> writes:
>Hi,
>
>for a while now, I've been thinking about how to build an email logger
>with diffs, like there are a few for CVS.  I find those loggers quite
>practical to follow exactly what's going on in a project.

Very good indeed. I have a suggestion that keep the implementation of
your solution flexible enough to allow for example to send of a Jabber
(XMPP) message to a group of people (aka chatroom). One utility to
accomplish this would be sendxmpp found at
<http://www.djcbsoftware.nl/code/sendxmmp>.

This would result in almost instantaneous notification of diffs. Quite
useful! :)

.h

--
Henrik Holmboe, Stockholm, Sweden