Re: [Monotone-devel] Ideas and questions.

From: Jeremy Fincher
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Ideas and questions.
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:59:00 -0500

On Feb 14, 2005, at 5:53 PM, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:

In message <address@hidden> on Mon, 14 Feb 2005 00:16:57 -0500 (EST), address@hidden said:

jfincher> Don't understand the number of people who will see
jfincher> "monotone," and rather than think, "Eh, I can alias it to
jfincher> 'mtn'," will instead think, "O MY GOSH WHT A HORRIBLE
jfincher> INTERFACE THESE PPL SUX!!!!!1!!!"  And yes, it's easy to say
jfincher> that the "patronage" of such people can be ignored, but in
jfincher> reality, I think it's hard to justify losing some
jfincher> "customers" over something that trivially and easily
jfincher> "fixed."

Uhmm, may I point out that there are people who don't agree with the
Unix sickness (i.e. "names must be short, void of vocals and cryptic")?
In other words, there's the risk of losing "customers" either way...

Would such customers be lost if both "mtn" and "monotone" were provided?

Jeremy