Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.11

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.11
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 04:42:21 +1100

On 21 February 2010 02:06, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
>> On 20 February 2010 23:30, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
>> >
>> > Okay, so I added them. Please check whether I understood your
>> > instructions correctly:
>> >
>> > http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/raw-file/e861a1925739/doc/index.html#requirements-solaris
>>
>> Thanks, that is correct; though I wonder if it looks like too much
>> trouble for a first time user and would be a deterrent rather than a
>> help. It seems to go against the simple, sane, repeatable nature of
>> mingw-cross-env, but who knows?
>
> I added some explaining paragraph to the beginning. Do you think
> it is okay so?

Yes, the instructions are clear, didn't mean to hold up the release. I
was just thinking out loud that the section for Open Solaris stands
out compared to the other systems.

> (feel free to provide a patch for doc/index.html improving any
>  of the explainations and commands.)

About the only things I can think of are attached - a download for
binutils 2.19 and a note about the dev repository.

>> I added it to .bashrc, since autoconf needs to find m4 for it's build,
>> and both need to be available building mingw-cross-env. /usr/local
>> doesn't exist on Open Solaris by default, and instead of configuring
>> with a --prefix that's on the default path, using /usr/local makes it
>> very easy to "uninstall" any manual changes (rm -rf /usr/local). I'd
>> probably suggest:
>>
>> export PATH=MINGW_CROSS_ENV/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:$PATH
>
> Okay, I changed to instructions accordingly. Please check again
> whether this documentation section is okay now:
>
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/raw-file/f47c96948a12/doc/index.html#requirements-solaris

It's that bash imperialism - there are other shells ;)