[GMG-Devel] New ticket workflows, and relevant meeting

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: [GMG-Devel] New ticket workflows, and relevant meeting
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 16:08:41 -0000

Heya all,

I've been talking to a number of people trying to get a sense if we
can't improve our ticket workflows.  So, a couple of things.

1) We're having a meeting about it on IRC!  Thursday May 2nd at 3PM UTC
   / 11AM EDT.  ShawnRisk, freedeb, and I will be there.  You're welcome
   to come as well if interested.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20130406T09&p1=224&ah=1

2) I've been thinking of adding some new states.  Here roughly is the
   list of states I've been thinking about:

open states:
 - new  <- bug first opened
 - confirmed/accepted  <- someone has triaged this to a state where
                          we generally know it exists or expect it to be
                          worked on
 - in-progress  <- someone has actually started doing specific work on it
 - needs-review  <- Needs code review or needs someone with commit
                    access to pull it in.
# - needs-work   <- possibly a state it can be set back to if it's been
#                   reviewed but determined there still needs to be work
#                   done... maybe we could just use in-progress though.

close states would be as they presently are:
 - fixed
 - invalid
 - duplicate
 - worksforme

... I think this would allow for better triaging that we have now.  But
anyway, the meeting will be a good place to discuss all this. ;)

Cya then, quite possibly!
 - Chris