[GMG-Devel] Media types are now plugins (update your configs!)

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: [GMG-Devel] Media types are now plugins (update your configs!)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 16:37:51 -0500

Heya all,

I have some super exciting news.  Media types are now no longer special
things... they're generic plugins!  The hard work in making this happen
was done by Rodney Ewing.  Thanks Rodney!

This opens up some exciting things (which we haven't fully explored yet)
including the ability for media types to define views that are specific
to them, interact with general hooks, etc.  It also consolidates
functionality in a way that's just plain good code hygine.

However!  Like the recent auth changes, this requires all people running
MediaGoblin from git to make a change to their configs if they update
(assuming they've modified from the default config).  See this line?

  [mediagoblin]
  # ...
  media_types = mediagoblin.media_types.image, mediagoblin.media_types.video
  #  ^---- this line right here

You need to convert this line into new entries under [plugins]

  [plugins]
  # you might already have other entries... just add this to the list
  [[mediagoblin.media_types.image]]
  [[mediagoblin.media_types.video]]

That's it though... you don't need to do anything else special!
Everything else should work just great!  Restart MediaGoblin and carry
on your way. :)

<3,
 - cwebb