Re: GNU make 3.81beta4 released

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: GNU make 3.81beta4 released
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:59:43 -0500

Quoting Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>:

Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 07:01:01 -0500
From: Earnie Boyd <address@hidden>
Cc: "J. Grant" <address@hidden>, address@hidden, address@hidden

>> If you just run from MSVC, and click Debug->Exceptions, you can change
>> all the Win32 and Native ones to give you the option of breaking in to
>> the debugger.
>
> This isn't enough, you need also to rebuild with MSVC, since otherwise
> the Studio debugger will not understand the debug info produced by
> GCC, and all you can do is debug on the assembly level.  Which isn't
> fun.

Or you could just use gdb!  The graphical Insight prebuild available
from sf.net/projects/mingw.

It's not that easy when recursive Make's are involved, as in this
case.  AFAIK, GDB doesn't support the Microsoft JIT debugging
interface (at least I couldn't set it up as JIT debugger).

Ok. :(

Check out DrMinGW in the mingw-utils package for a JIT that'll at least dump some stack data. http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/mingw-utils-0.3.tar.gz

Earnie Boyd