lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev How to Lynx

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev How to Lynx
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 07:29:09 +0100 (BST)

> posts get screened to keep out spam. I don't think anyone should be
> deciding the merits of posts requesting help before they are forwarded
> to the list. The list administrators seem to be doing an admirable job

1) Non-subscriber posts that are trapped by spam filters should be
moderated onto the list, not simply forwarded.  That way they wiill
appear to have come directly from the author.

2) The list policy should be changed so that all headers are preserved,
so that we can make a guess at the platform, rather than use the rule:

- if the software fan run on Windows, assume it is Windows ME or XP,
  otherwise assume Red Hat Linux (even then a lot of Unix users may
  use Windows email software).

3) The list policy should be changed to not request reply to list,
as it is very easy for the first or subsequent answer to such questions
to go only to the list.  This wouldn't be perfect - only requiring
subscription would really ensure that the replies go to the right place.