lwip-users

[lwip-users] Configuring PPP Options in Version 2.0.0 Beta1

From: Greg Smith
Subject: [lwip-users] Configuring PPP Options in Version 2.0.0 Beta1
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 20:10:41 +0000

Hello.

I have been looking forward to the PPP enhancements made in lwIP 2.0.0 Beta1 compared to 1.4.1.  I've added the new version to my project with success and have a few questions about configuring PPP.  I appreciate any help you can give.

1) How can I setup a static IP address when _not_ running in PPP Server mode?  (I have been successful when setting the IP address as second argument of pppapi_listen() when running as a server.)

However, when running as a "client" using pppapi_connect(), the only thing I've found to work is something like:

pppapi_connect(pppPcb, 0);

pppPcb->ipcp_wantoptions.ouraddr = usartPpp.ip_addr.addr;

That seems kludgy and wrong.  And, it does not work if the delay time (second argument of pppapi_connect()) is set >0.  I would like to be able to set a static IP address and have a delay time.  So how do I get something like:

// <-- function call to set static IP address here --> //

pppapi_connect(pppPcb, 10);

2) In lcp_init(), several PPP options are hard-coded, such as negotiating the async map and compression.  Is there a programmatic way to set these options at either compile-time or run-time without directly modifying the lcp_init() function?  If so, how?

Thank you in advance for your help.

-- G