lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Configuring PPP Options in Version 2.0.0 Beta1

From: Greg Smith
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Configuring PPP Options in Version 2.0.0 Beta1
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 15:16:38 +0000

Hi, Simon.

Sent: Saturday, 07 May 2016 01:47

Sylvain Rochet wrote:

> What worry me about both of them is that it is not possible to add

> them without an API change, and we are in beta… that would have been

> possible months ago but it's a bit too late now, you should have tried

> the Git master branch :-)

Well, I've released the "beta" to get the code used by more people. I knew many wouldn't use probably unstable git master code...

Yes, that's exactly the reason I didn't jump to the master branch.  I was really excited by the PPP work, but couldn't risk the volatility of a production-level project I'm working on.  I think I can "justify" to my boss to use a beta or RC, though!

Being like that, if it's a change that does make sense (I didn't fully get the issue), you can still make the change: I don't consider the "beta" as a "release candidate" (which should really be API-fixed).

Simon

-- Greg