lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Converting to git

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Converting to git
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 13:10:13 +0200

"Wojciech A. Koszek" <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> ./../src/core/pbuf.c
> >> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> >> ../../../../src/core/pbuf.c:115:1: error: no previous prototype for
> >> ‘pbuf_free_ooseq’
> >> make[1]: *** [pbuf.o] Błąd 1
> >> make[1]: Opuszczenie katalogu
> >> `/home/wkoszek/r/sw/kos/net/lwip/ports/unix/proj/unixsim'
> >> make: *** [all] Błąd 2
> int
> main()
> {
>
>       p();
> }
>
> void
> p(void)
> {
>
> }
> address@hidden:~/p/warn/1$ gcc main.c -o main
> main.c:11:1: warning: conflicting types for ‘p’
> main.c:7:2: note: previous implicit declaration of ‘p’ was here

Your 2nd example is something different and obviously a bug (using a function
before it has been declared).

However, in pbuf.c, pbuf_free_ooseq() is implemented at line 115 (where it
warns!) and used in line 143. This is a different kind of warning, which I
haven't seen yet. The only purpose that I can see for this warning is to
prevent unused global functions (so making it static would be the fix)?

Simon