lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Converting to git

From: Wojciech A. Koszek
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Converting to git
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 22:06:50 +0100

Dnia 23-07-2011 o 14:01:18 Kieran Mansley <address@hidden> napisał(a):

On 23 Jul 2011, at 13:31, Wojciech A. Koszek wrote:

It would be very nice if "contrib" would become lwip.git repository member.

In other words: I think "cntrib" should become a directory within lwip repository.

My argument is that it would be so much better to just type "make" and get user-space application that just works in *ixish systems and uses lwIP code.

Isn't that what you do now? Although the contrib code and lwIP code were in different CVS modules, I can just type "make" in the unix projects and it builds all the necessary lwIP files as well as the unix application. I think with a suitable make file it shouldn't matter what the relative locations are for the contrib code and the lwIP core code.

CVS doesn't work for me today (Connection refused), so I can't check.

I seem to recall that I had to enter "Browse CVS" to see that there's
a "contrib" repository that happens to contain something useful. And it's
not packed/released together with lwIP itself.

And contrib/ back then didn't quite work for me -- because it's separate,
it'll never be in sync with lwIP code, which means it'll be broken. Like
it is now:

address@hidden:~/r/sw/kos/net/contrib-1.4.0/ports/unix/proj/unixsim$ ls -ld ../../../../../lwip/src/core/ipv4/ drwxr-xr-x 2 wkoszek wkoszek 4096 2011-07-23 13:03 ../../../../../lwip/src/core/ipv4/
        address@hidden:~/r/sw/kos/net/contrib-1.4.0/ports/unix/proj/unixsim$
make
        Makefile:121: .depend: Nie ma takiego pliku ani katalogu
make: *** Brak reguł do zrobienia obiektu `../../../../../lwip/src/core/ipv4/inet.c', wymaganego przez `.depend'. Stop. address@hidden:~/r/sw/kos/net/contrib-1.4.0/ports/unix/proj/unixsim$ ls ../../../../../lwip/src/core/ipv4/inet.c ls: nie ma dostępu do ../../../../../lwip/src/core/ipv4/inet.c: Nie ma takiego pliku ani katalogu

If it's not too much work, just copy unix/ and win32/ to lwIP "contrib" or
"drivers" or whatever.

I offer my help in getting it to compile on FreeBSD and GNU/Linux.

--
Wojciech A. Koszek
address@hidden