lout-users

Re: Lout website

From: K. H. Man
Subject: Re: Lout website
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 00:52:03 +0800

Hi,

Ludovic Courtès wrote:

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 01:43:31AM +0800, K. H. Man wrote:
I wonder if anyone's managed to convert the 3.28 docs to PDF
with textures using something other than Ghostscript? [snip]

Yes.  GNU Ghostscript 7.05 does not have any problem with textures.

Yeah, you are right. Release notes for AFPL GS 8.10 beta too indicates that patterns will be preserved as objects and will not be rasterized so I guess that soon the ps2pdf path will be nicely smooth again when all the kinks have been ironed out. That's a great piece of news for people who makes PDFs a lot. :)

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)