Re: Frescobaldi 3.0 CRASHES

From: Blöchl Bernhard
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi 3.0 CRASHES
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2017 10:21:05 +0100

I am just jumping into that thread and have not read the rest of the conversation. I did not get to run frescobaldi 3.0.0 on my Linux mate 17.04, python-ly did not work which version ever i tried. I installed Linux mint 18.2 Sonja 64 bit a couple of weeks ago and gave frescobaldi 3.0.0 another try and got it to work after lots of updates of libraries to the python3 (!) versions. As far as I remember
python3-pyQt5 (from repository?)
python 3-ly 0.9.3-1 from https://python.org/pypi/python-ly.tar.gz (as I remember (?) had to install pypi as well - if it is not necessary it is not wrong) Then got the message popplerqt5 cannot load, the error message popplerqt5 is misleading as python3-poppler-qt5 is needed
installed python3-poppler-qt5 0.2.4.2-1build1 from repository

The warnings and error messages are misleding as often it is not mentioned explicitly that the python3 version is needed. <Mostly there are different versions and builds in the repository. I needed some time to figure that out. I recommend to make this messages more specific, that could smoothen the installation process.

At least frescobaldi was starting an running for my needs.

If I try to import from "Vorlage", in english eventually "template" ? frescobaldi crashes -> PyQt5.QtSvg. I can use frescobaldi as long as iI do not use that menu item. Maybe some more issues arise while using?

Regards