Re: Frescobaldi 3.0 CRASHES

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi 3.0 CRASHES
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2017 09:22:55 +0100

Am 9. Dezember 2017 09:17:21 MEZ schrieb Simon Albrecht <address@hidden>:
>On 09.12.2017 00:56, Noeck wrote:
>>> I'm not too familiar with Ubuntu's update path, but is it possible
>for
>>> you to upgrade to 17.04 - maybe the poppler issue has been resolved
>in
>>> later releases? Just an idea for testing. If you're not wanting to
>leave
>>> your older-but-stable OS, I totally understand.
>> With 17.04 I had to install an older python3-poppler-qt5 as described
>> above to solve the issue. But with 17.10 Frescobaldi works again out
>of
>> the box on my computer.
>
>Until now I’ve stuck to my resolve to not open that can of potential
>problems coming with less stable Ubuntu versions. How much of a risk is
>
>there?

In general or specifically for LilyPond?
Frescobaldi has the discussed issue, *compiling* LilyPond is pretty specific
issue due to the infamous Guile2 problem - but I think in general it's fairly
safe to use the latest Ubuntu releases.
However, weren't you one of those who "enjoyed" the fun of a major version
update? ;-)

Urs