Re: Python dependencies: plea for help

From: Blöchl Bernhard
Subject: Re: Python dependencies: plea for help
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2017 10:43:19 +0100

There is not remarked which fresobaldi version you try to install? With frescobaldi 3.0.0 I found that python-poppler-qt5 does notb work, python3-poppler-qt5 is needed!!

I did not get frescobaldi 3.0.0 on Linux mint 17 (did not try 16), tried tons of library versions.

In general I found the error messages confusing. Example: popplerqt5 cannot load, but because frescobaldi 3.0.0 uses python3 exclusively python3-poppler-qt5 will be needed- is in the repository of mint 18.2 beside some other versions.

I needed long time and experiments to manage that as a dummy computer user. And I could not get frescobaldi installed on mint versions older than 18.2.

Regards