Re: Certain accidentals

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Certain accidentals
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 18:30:17 +0200

Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

> I find that very annoying, but he insists that it is in no way
> ambiguous (because you always _see_ the score fragment you're working
> on and the editor also always shows you the effective key). And he
> insists that it is much more efficient simply because he has to type
> less.

It's rather error-prone since it means that you cannot ever use
copy-and-paste for any piece of music since its meaning will change
depending on where you copy it.  I assume that you are _not_ typing what
gets typeset but instead a version relative to the current key in
effect.  If you are _indeed_ typing what gets typeset, the meaning of a
phrase would change even when just repeating it displaced by non-whole
measures.  Irrespective of that, you cannot copy into a different key,
or move a key change across some passage to make it scan better.

--
David Kastrup