Re: Address output-distance problems: (issue 563730043 by address@hidden

From: jonas . hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Address output-distance problems: (issue 563730043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 02:33:43 -0700

On 2020/03/12 09:22:09, dak wrote:
> On 2020/03/12 08:01:03, hahnjo wrote:
> > This looks like bash-ism which might explain why it works for
Han-Wen and me.
> > agree with him that disabling the local-test invocation in
GNUmakefile.in is
> > probably the easiest solution for now. These tests haven't run for
years, so
> > we'll definitely be fine without them for a few more days.
>
> dak@lola:/usr/local/tmp/lilypond$ dash
> $ echo {1,2,3}
> {1,2,3}
> $
>
> Ah yes.  Since /bin/sh defaults to dash on Ubuntu (or doesn't it any
more?), I
> wonder how this escaped testing.

It wasn't tested, that's the point: The initial patch only received a
'test-baseline' and no 'check' which didn't trigger the python tests.
'patchy-staging' only runs 'test' as far as I understand, so that patch
landed in master. Now this patch adds it to 'test' which means it's the
first time somebody runs it on Ubuntu.
I'm for disabling it again until it receives sufficient testing. Either
in current master removing 'local-check' from
'scripts/build/GNUmakefile' or taking the updated patchset from here
without the 'local-test' recursion in GNUmakefile.in

https://codereview.appspot.com/563730043/