Re: Address output-distance problems: (issue 563730043 by address@hidden

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: Address output-distance problems: (issue 563730043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 16:50:25 +0000

> Frankly, I am more sympathetic to "worksforme" discussions among
> developers than telling users "worksforme".  Where is the point in being
> able to tell users that no developer will reproduce their problem?
>
> I'd rather have an error popping up for at least some developers than
> for none.

This sounds like you are saying it's better for the situation to be a mess
for developers so that they can better help users deal with the same mess,
therefore we should leave things as they are.

Installing docker and building an image is much easier than setting up a
working build environment for LilyPond now. I think it would be a win for
both devs and users.

Kevin