Re: github mirror of lilypond?

From: Jürgen Reuter
Subject: Re: github mirror of lilypond?
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 10:29:12 +0100

   Hi all,

   +1 (at least) from me for for:

   * Having a smooth integration of git repository, review process and
   verify build.  If this is (as I conclude from the discussions) not
   possible with hosting the git repository on savannah, then please
   consider hosting the repository on a different platform.

   * Using Gerrit as review system (maybe unless you know of another
   system with equally smooth integration with git; but I do not know of
   any such system).  I am using Gerrit (the "old" version) at work and I
   am fully satisfied with its integration with git and Jenkins.
   I still have here ~12 mostly small commits (tiny fixes / features,
   clean-ups, code doc clarifications, etc.) lying around locally on my
   machine for several years.  I did not push them so far as I was (and
   still am) really scared about the time that I have to invest to get
   these commits through this complex process, especially as I expect at
   least some of the commits not to pass in the first go, but expecting
   possibly controversial reviews.
   Maybe the current process feels not that complex if you are committing
   regularly.  But I perceive it as complex, especially with respect to
   the time that I fear to have to put into the process rather than being
   productive, given my very limited time budget.  And I think, other
   people perceive it similarly.

   And of course, a big thank you to all of you that do all the great
   work, that I really appreciate!  But to attract more developers and /
   or re-animate retired developers, I am pretty sure that the process has
   to be simplified for potential "casual" committers like me that will
   contribute only now and then.

   Best wishes,
   Jürgen