Re: 64-bit version of Lilypond?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: 64-bit version of Lilypond?
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2019 22:16:37 +0100

Flaming Hakama by Elaine <address@hidden> writes:

> So, I think the long-term value of Lilypad to the potential user base
> (on mac or even other platforms) is close to zero.  In the short term,
> the main downside would be specifically regarding recruiting new users
> by providing an immediate "working" install.

I've seen reviews of LilyPond lambasting it because clicking the
application does nothing.

LilyPad helps against that but I am not sure whether we'll entertain
people's attention span long enough to actually become a user of
LilyPond when this was a roadblock.  If I remember correctly,
Frescobaldi can download and install official LilyPond versions.  If
that's also the case in MacOSX, that would be a strong reason to try
providing a no-GUI LilyPond installation for Darwin.