Re: AccidentalCautionary in NullVoice

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: AccidentalCautionary in NullVoice
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 07:34:17 -0400

On Jul 6, 2014, at 02:19 , Keith OHara <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dan Eble <dan <at> faithful.be> writes:
>
>> On Feb 9, 2014, at 21:19 , Dan Eble <dan <at> faithful.be> wrote:
>>
>>> Here is a work-around for
>>> https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3834
>
> NullVoice looks like a long list of workarounds.
>
> Now that Janek has independent Lyrics aligned as of version 2.19.9,
> entering with durations { La2. di4 da1 } works pretty well,
> and NullVoice need only watch for slurs, etc., and signal melismata.

It sounds like you are saying the issue with spurious accidental cancellations
is fixed in 2.19.9 and the ticket just needs to be updated.  That’s great but...

Entering lyrics with durations is inconvenient.  The effort overlaps with
entering a melody (providing another opportunity for time-wasting tyops) and
prevents reusing the same lyrics for other melodies with different rhythms.  If
NullVoice in 2.20 requires me to enter durations on lyrics, I will instead
revert to avoiding the part combiner.

Thanks,
—
Dan