Re: AccidentalCautionary in NullVoice

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: AccidentalCautionary in NullVoice
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 18:11:36 -0700

Dan & Keith,

NullVoice was my idea, for better or worse.  I implemented it without
entirely understanding what I was doing, and I probably pushed it in too
fast, without sufficient testing.  I wanted to offer users *something* to
use.  Anyway, a good place to start fixing it would be to compile a suite
of regression tests, cobbling together example code from all the complaints
on the user list, and then fixing bugs one at a time if need be.

Keith, if you or anyone else has improvements to offer (not just additions,
but also deletions, to the engraver), don't hesitate to modify the code
base, since it's pretty hackish as it stands, I admit.

Sorry it's such a mess.  I probably don't have time time to fix it right
now though.

Mark