Re: Python 3 support

From: Julien Rioux
Subject: Re: Python 3 support
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 14:49:47 -0400

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 12:44 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

That's not quite the same as "we already have hosting, a platform for
contribution and review comments".  Everything beyond the content in
private repositories is gone if a project is removed.  And "we have" is
a bit of a euphemism for proprietary software run on a proprietary
service with a proprietary data store for everything but the central
repository itself.  It's more like "we are permitted to use".

Of course, with Savannah we have the same situation regarding the "we
are permitted to use" angle, but the motivations for the permission are
different.  That makes me feel more at home.

Again, if you're keen on providing hosting elsewhere, why not go for it. My point of view says it is not worth it, yours differ. I'll be glad if we get back on thread.

Regards,
Julien