Re: stencil-integral: use box extents specified in markup; issue 3255 (i

From: dak
Subject: Re: stencil-integral: use box extents specified in markup; issue 3255 (issue 9295044)
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 08:11:35 +0000

On 2013/08/30 07:41:49, mike7 wrote:

I'd still argue that (2) is the best way to go as it is a
one-stop-shopping way
to clear all these bugs (and perhaps more) as they arise.

Since we are currently in the process of recovering from the last
one-stop-shopping way to clear bugs galore which is where all those
regressions are actually from, I suggest that we refrain from
embracing your somewhat optimistic estimates until after wrapping up a
stable release.

And frankly, I completely fail to see how this advertisement as a
magic bullet for all the regressions is even remotely rooted in fact.
The regressions will not in any way be automagically addressed by such
sweeping changes.  The changes will offer different ways to address
them and you like those better.  But that's not the same as actually
getting them addressed.

https://codereview.appspot.com/9295044/