Re: stencil-integral: use box extents specified in markup; issue 3255 (i

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: stencil-integral: use box extents specified in markup; issue 3255 (issue 9295044)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 22:49:20 -0700

On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 21:24:25 -0700, <address@hidden> wrote:

Conceptually, I prefer (1), but this is based on your descriptions and
the previous discussion, not on understanding the code...

Then look at (2) and see if you think that would be good enough to clear the
last bugs before 2.18.

The uses of \transparent, \pad-to-box, etc., are rare.
It hurts very little to find ourselves stuck with a second-choice
implementation in this case.
We won't know what our first-choice implementation is unless we see some
application examples in this area.