Re: colorful make output! yum!

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: colorful make output! yum!
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 12:41:54 +0200

Franciszek Boehlke <address@hidden> writes:

> I think I can promise to support and maintain it.

If we have a subsystem depend on continued support by a single person,
it must be easy to remove the subsystem as a whole.

Consider it LilyPond's life insurance.  We don't really want such
dependencies.  They mean that if one person quits, it will take at least
five times the original effort to maintain stuff.  "Don't look here,
somebody else will maintain it" corners are really expensive in the long
run.