Re: colorful make output! yum!

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: colorful make output! yum!
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 11:57:12 +0200

Franciszek Boehlke writes:

>     The result looks nice but if you want any chance of putting this in, it
>     should be rewritten as a make post-processor (IMHO of course), think
>
> I like the idea of making is make post-processor, but I don't think it's
> possible to do - and if not, it is much, much harder way.

There is possibly another option; if you make it fully pluggable,
i.e., not require any changes to the current make rules but only
need an include in your .local.make

    # local.make
    include make/colorful.make

that would help.  When something is broken, it's very easy to remove
it again.

The thing is, someone needs to support this.  If the world changes this
needs updates.  We'll get bug reports.  If you promise to support and
maintain it, that also helps.

Greetings,
Jan
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl