Re: Issue 1228: 5-month-old PATCH

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Issue 1228: 5-month-old PATCH
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 13:51:26 -0700

On 1/22/11 1:32 PM, "James Lowe" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Ah...now we're into territory that is starting to get blurry for me.
>
> I was just going to add it as a *.ly file in the ly/ dir. Then was going
> to ask how to add the \function to files in the source so that it could be
> called.
>
> Carl, I know you'd help me, but it would probably be too much of your time
> to hand-hold me to add as a scheme function and add entries to the define
> files etc.

Well, I'm sorry that I overwhelmed you with my answer.  We could do it with
a .ly file.

> I'm willing to 'have a bash', but I think yours (and other dev's times)
> could be much better spent.

That depends.  If you having a bash at it will get you up to speed, then
it's way worth my time to help you.  We could work on it piece by piece, and
it wouldn't be too bad.

> Oh well.

I'm really sorry to have discouraged you.  Can we have another go at it?

Thanks,

Carl