Re: biweekly Critical issues plea

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: biweekly Critical issues plea
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 21:26:25 -0700

On 1/19/11 6:06 PM, "Mike Solomon" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Also works, also passes make check, also attached, also on Rietveld:
> http://codereview.appspot.com/4006044
> From Neil's e-mail, it seems that he advocates this solution because "Clefs
> are taken into account (shown by the yellow-blue skyline pair) when
> calculating horizontal skylines for NonMusicalPaperColumn, whereas key
> signatures are completely ignored.  We can ensure KeySignature is accounted
> for by adding it to `pure-print-callbacks'."

It seems to me that this is the better patch, because we are looking at the
inherent properties of the KeySignature, rather than adding the arbitrary
extra-spacing-distance.

Reading between the lines, I think this is what Neil was advocating as well
(although I know that Neil can clearly speak for himself).  His comment on
the issue indicates that he was starting to thing that the
extra-spacing-height fix was not the way to go.

Thanks, Mike!

Neil, any thoughts?

Carl