RE: diagram low-bass-clarinet: diagramm - line before

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: diagram low-bass-clarinet: diagramm - line before
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 11:10:35 +0000

Hello,

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of Eric
Sent: 17 January 2011 23:21
To: address@hidden

Hello lily-devel members.

I'm currently reading the list frequently, with the idea of perhaps helping
some day.

I just want to express one remark about the bass-clarinet diagrams, well ...
because I'm actually a bass clarinettist.

I think we have to think twice before proposing a key scheme for low notes on
the bass clarinet, because each brand have its own key scheme for these notes.
Morover, event different models of the same brand sometimes have different key
schemes. In other words, the low notes keys are far to be standardized...

----

So from your (and anyone else who is reading this) experience what is the key
scheme we currently have in LilyPond?

I am assuming that Mike Solomon (who created these wonderful wind diagrams)
isn't a wind player or has little experience with the different systems, which
is fair enough and we can possibly add an enhancement for other systems,
however if what we have now is a recognized system we can at least document
that so that those that do play a different system/standard are aware.

I believe the same is true for oboes and clarinets (and probably bassoons too)
but I am a Trumpet player so what do I know? :)

James