re: diagram low-bass-clarinet: diagramm - line before

From: Eric
Subject: re: diagram low-bass-clarinet: diagramm - line before
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 00:20:38 +0100

Hello lily-devel members.

I'm currently reading the list frequently, with the idea of perhaps
helping some day.

I just want to express one remark about the bass-clarinet diagrams,
well ...  because I'm actually a bass clarinettist.

I think we have to think twice before proposing a key scheme for low
notes on the bass clarinet, because each brand have its own key scheme
for these notes. Morover, event different models of the same brand
sometimes have different key schemes. In other words, the low notes keys
are far to be standardized...

For example, on my Selmer Privilege (the last model), there isn't any
right-thumb D key as described by Markus. Concerning the right thumb,
there are three keys : C, C#, and Eb. The D is obtained either with a
right-pinkie key or a left pinky key.

I didn't actually digged into the fingering diagrams code. Well, I was
waiting the next stable realease ... (no offense in this remark :o) ).

cheers.

Eric
--
http://www.vents-sauvages.fr/