Re: Fix Issue 1290 (issue3832046)

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Fix Issue 1290 (issue3832046)
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:28:03 -0700

On 1/7/11 2:41 PM, "address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Carl,
>
> Do we have to set a default for skyline-horizontal-padding?  It has a
> detrimental effect on some of the regtests (particularly
> stem-length-estimation.ly).

Well, no, we don't.  However, the original bug says that we're crowding
stuff too closely together.  If we don't change the default, we aren't
really solving the original request unless we also do the Documentation.

I was hoping that by setting the default, we'd get good spacing and we
wouldn't need the override.

I see three possibilities:

1) Change the default value for System skyline-horizontal-padding to see if
we can make both regtests succeed.

2) Eliminate the default value for System skyline-horizontal-padding, and
use an override in skyline-horizontal-padding.ly (and document it more
clearly).

3) Leave the default value as it is, and \override it to zero in
stem-length-estimation.ly.

I think I prefer option 1, followed by 3, followed by 2.

Thanks,

Carl