Re: Fix Issue 1290 (issue3832046)

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Fix Issue 1290 (issue3832046)
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:35:07 -0800

-------- Original Message --------

I hadn't seen this exchange when I commented on the define-grobs.scm;
sorry.

The large horizontal padding of 2.0 told Lily that the upper loops of the
treble clefs were intolerably close to the whole notes, in
stem-length-estimation.ly.   The stem length test passes with 0.5.

The bug report test and your reg-test are rather extreme examples, with
very tall and narrow protrusions.  It seems fine to have an extreme example
for your reg-test, though, and to include an override that adjusts the very
feature being tested.

For docs, my suggestion for define-grop-properties.scm earlier in this the
thread might do the trick by putting text in the correct places in the
Internals Reference.
-keith