Re: Fix Issue 1290 (issue3832046)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Fix Issue 1290 (issue3832046)
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 01:45:56 +0000

I tried to break it; it did not break. I say push it.

On 2011/01/02 05:19:57, joeneeman wrote:
I don't know if it's important, but it may be worth mentioning
somewhere that
skyline-horizontal-padding works differently for VerticalAxisGroup and
System.

The existing docs are good enough, in that they let me find how things
were /supposed/ to work while I was attacking 1290 by tweaking knobs.
Optional text, if Carl finds it more accurate:

  ./scm/define-grob-properties.scm : 722
-     (skyline-horizontal-padding ,number? "For determining the
-vertical distance between two staves, it is possible to have a
-configuration which would result in a tight interleaving of grobs from
-the top staff and the bottom staff.  The larger this parameter is, the
-farther apart the staves are placed in such a configuration.")
+     (skyline-horizontal-padding ,number? "Padding to prevent tight
+interleaving of grobs.  This property, in a VerticalAxisGroup,
+defines a minimum horizontal distance that will remain clear
+during the placement of outside-staff objects,
+and while setting vertical spacing between staves.
+In a System, this property defines the horizontal clearance
+to be maintained during vertical spacing of systems.")

http://codereview.appspot.com/3832046/diff/21001/input/regression/skyline-horizontal-padding.ly
File input/regression/skyline-horizontal-padding.ly (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/3832046/diff/21001/input/regression/skyline-horizontal-padding.ly#newcode15
input/regression/skyline-horizontal-padding.ly:15: \repeat unfold 3 {
<c'''-1 e'''-3 g'''-5> c' <c,-1 e,-3 g,-5> c' \break}
No need for 3 systems. It does not, in fact, reveal the bug in previous
patch (I tried it). I could find no way to show that bug with just one
staff per system.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3832046/