Re: Black mensural notation

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Black mensural notation
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 22:22:12 +0000

On 7 January 2011 14:00, Lukas Pietsch <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks a lot! As for the warnings, I too was getting the "cannot align
> on self: empty element" ones, and found no way of getting rid of them.

They're caused by the following lines:

  \override Score.BarLine #'stencil = #empty-stencil
  \override Score.BarNumber #'stencil = #empty-stencil

You can replace the first override with the following:

\set Score.defaultBarType = #"empty"

If you don't want bar numbers, you'd be better off removing the
Bar_number_engraver.

\clavis #'g #3 c'\breve^"where's the g clef?!" c'\breve

It doesn't get printed since nothing changes to trigger a new clef:
you're using a dummy clef with an override, so you'll only get a new
one to show if you change clefGlyph or clefPosition.

Here's a crude hack which also changes clefGlyph to ensure the G clef appears:

             (make-music            ; dummy setting
               'PropertySet
               'symbol 'clefGlyph
               'value (ly:format "clefs.~a" (string-upcase
(symbol->string type))))

Cheers,
Neil